Scott Talkov for Riverside County Bar Association Board of Directors, Director-at-Large
Scott Talkov is Barristers Past-President and an attorney at Reid & Hellyer, where he practices real estate, civil and bankruptcy litigation. Scott was named a 2013 Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine and was the first runner-up for the position of Director-at Large in last year’s RCBA election.
In his second year of practice, Scott was elected by his peers as President of the Riverside Barristers, chairing the Barristers Board and serving as a member of the RCBA Board of Directors. Scott also worked alongside numerous Barristers to re-establish the Associated Students of U.C. Riverside Legal Clinic, which provides no-cost legal advice to current UCR students.
Scott graduated cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law and served on the board of the Washington University Law Review, where his law review was published by the American Bar Association. He began his studies at U.C. Riverside, completing his bachelor’s degree at U.C. Santa Barbara. Scott was born and raised just west of Riverside County in Walnut, California, where he rose to the rank of Eagle Scout.
Scott’s legal and political ventures have been featured on Fox News, CNN, KCAL 9 and KCBS 2, as well as in The Press-Enterprise and Los Angeles Times. Scott’s endorsements for RCBA Board have included numerous Past-Presidents and Board members of the RCBA and Barristers.
As a Board member, Scott hopes to raise the profile of the RCBA in its tireless service to its members and the community.
Scott lives with his wife, Adina, and two dogs, Stout and Cozy, in their Wood Streets, Riverside home. He spends his free time home brewing and running his online venture, InlandEmpire.com.
Elections take place early May through mid-June 2013. RCBA Members will receive a ballot in the mail with voting instructions.
Endorsements (from 2012 Election)
Last year Scott received the endorsements from leaders in our legal community in his candidacy for RCBA Director-at-Large, including:
- Jim Heiting – Past-President of The State Bar of California & RCBA; Managing Partner, Heiting & Irwin
- General Richard Roth -Member at Large of the RCBA Board of Directors, President of Roth Carney APC & Candidate for California State Senate
- Virginia Blumenthal – Attorney at Blumenthal Law Offices & Vice-President of the Board of Trustees of the Riverside Community College District
- Harlan Kistler – Immediate Past-President of the RCBA; Law Offices of Harlan Histler
- Daniel Hantman – Past-President of the RCBA
- Jane Carney – Past-President of the RCBA & Retired Partner from Roth Carney APC
- Barry O’Connor – Unlawful Detainer Attorney
- Brian Unitt – Partner at Holstein, Taylor and Unitt
- David G. Moore – Former RCBA President & Senior Attorney at Reid & Hellyer, APC
- James J. Manning, Jr. – Former RCBA Director-at-Large & Senior Attorney at Reid & Hellyer, APC
- Douglas A. Plazak – Senior Attorney at Reid & Hellyer, APC
- Michael G. Kerbs - Former Barristers President & President of Reid & Hellyer, APC
- Steven G. Lee – Candidate for RCBA Director-at-Large & Senior Attorney at Reid & Hellyer, APC
- Daniel E. Katz – Former RCBA Director-at-Large & Senior Attorney at Reid & Hellyer, APC
- Mark C. Schnitzer – Senior Attorney at Reid & Hellyer, APC
- Amanda Schneider – Barristers Secretary and Attorney at Gresham Savage
- Luis Arellano -Barristers Director at Large & Attorney at Gresham Savage
- Sophia Choi – Barristers Director at Large & Deputy County Counsel at Riverside County Counsel
- Sylvia Choi – Riverside County Deputy District Attorney & Barrister
- Arlene Cordoba – Barristers Treasurer, ASUCR Legal Education Clinic Director and Attorney at Law Office of Arlene Cordoba
- Brian Pedigo - Barristers Vice-President and Attorney
- Curtis Wright – Attorney at Best Best & Krieger and Barrister
- Eli Underwood – Attorney at Redwine & Sherrill
- Lori Myers – Riverside County Deputy Public Defender / Criminal Defense Attorney
- Mitchell Edwards – Attorney at The Teresa Rhyne Law Group and Barrister
Titles provided for identification purposes only.